Chinese Antique Handmade Dolls
|"Door of Hope Doll" Shanghai Treasures, a perfect name for a welcoming door of refuge |
from a life of poverty or sin, a door opening to a new way of life. In 1900,
5 Christian missionary ladies started the DOH Mission in Shanghai. It was a school
for destitute girls and they sewed to provide for themselves and thus, were
created the DOH dolls.
1) The heads and hands were carved from Chinese "nipoongawood" or pear wood
2) Lips, eyes and hairs were painted
3) Clothes were handsewn and added
4) There were approximately 26 standard characters representing different
Chinese social classes.
5) Each girl could dress only about one doll a month, therefore products is limited
Please use contact form for send message directly to seller. Your message will be sent directly to the recipient and will not be publicly displayed.